Welcome to Manchester Airport Chaplaincy
The Airport Chaplaincy was established by GMIM in 1980 to represent all Christian denominations. The team exists today to support Manchester Airport’s customers and staff, whatever their faith tradition, and includes Christian, Jewish and Muslim Chaplains. The Chaplaincy’s main office is in Terminal 1 next to the prayer room at Ground Level Check-In.
The Chaplaincy serve airport staff and customers by being: “A living expression of faith through the provision of spiritual, pastoral and humanitarian care for all people within and beyond the airport community.”
The Chaplaincy Manchester Airport provides a service which includes, but is not limited to:
- praying regularly for the airport community, airlines, passengers and local communities.
- offering spiritual support, pastoral care and understanding to all who work at the Airport.
- meeting the pastoral and humanitarian needs of those who travel through or visit the Airport.
- offering services of worship for the airport community, its members, and visitors
training in faith-related aspects of emergency response, diversity issues and pastoral care.
- working in partnership with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Ministry of Defence, UK Border Agency and the Emergency Services.
- care and support for those travelling on pilgrimage and their families.
- pastoral care for staff and detainees at Pennine House Immigration Detention Centre.
the provision of holistic care – working with Human Resources and Occupational Health.
- an assurance that all matters are treated with professionalism and in complete confidence
Multi-Faith Prayer Rooms
Four Multi-Faith Prayer Rooms serve Manchester Airport and remain open to everyone 24 hours a day. Their Multi-Faith designation reflects the global nature of air travel, and the cosmopolitanism of those who travel through our airport, as well as the diversity of the communities that Manchester Airport serves. Such multi-faith facilities are increasingly common and widely appreciated by passengers and staff in airport terminals throughout the world.
The Chaplaincy is now a separate regulated Charity however it has retained its strong links within GMIM and the Chaplaincy Team across Greater Manchester.
Contact Us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org